Specialized S-Works Turbo Levo 2022
Unequaled ride, power and range
The all-new Turbo Levo delivers an unimaginable fusion of human and machine. Harness the technology and take your ridind beyond belief. More speed. More distance. More freedom. More trails ridden, more pure stoke generated, more unforgettable experiences... Since its introduction, the Turbo Levo has set the marker overy other e-mountain bike aims for, and this new model raises that bar again.
A 40-year obsession with creating the world’s best riding mountain bikes takes a bionic leap forward. The all-new Levo sets the standard for full-power ride quality with stable, natural trail manners born from an integrated development approach. The all new Turbo Full Power 2.2 motor, and the MasterMind Turbo Control Unit (TCU) that controls it, provides Levo with a smooth and seamless amplification of your efforts. The optimized chassis boasts 150mm of custom-tuned rear suspension and adjustable geometry that delivers a ride like no other. Because at the end of the day, it’s the ride that matters. Believe it.
Levo delivers an unmatched combination of usable power and refined delivery, with 565 watts of peak power and 90 Nm of torque. This is the most powerful bike in its class. The power is obvious when you find yourself easily out-climbing everybody else. But what's even more important is how Levo enables you to harness that power. Levo's controller delivers its torque so smoothly that you find traction in loose, steep terrain where other bikes spin out. You can sit and spin a high cadence for optimal power and efficiency where other, less refined bikes demand you stand and mash the pedals (and your knees). Levo delivers power like a natural extension of yourself, and the ability to smoothly, seamlessly control the delivery of all this power is a cornerstone of what makes this bike so great. This is what Specialized means by "usable power."
The Turbo Levo's motor/controller system is a full integration of the bike's 565-watt motor and 700Wh battery with a radically advanced and seamlessly integrated controller. The result is massive power delivered, up to 20mph/32kph, to get you to the top of your favourite descent with just a quarter of the effort, and much faster, giving even more of the quality ride you yearn for, and more of it than ever before possible.
The new generation TCU2 is your information hub, with customizable display fields, including the exact percentage level of the battery, and features the all-new, bar-mounted MicroTune function to adjust power delivery in 10% increments, so you get exactly the support you need to experience precisely the ride feel you want.
A dedicated "Mullet" design with a 27.5" wheel in the back and a 29" up front delivers a nimble ride that carves circles around other full-power e-MTBs. A generous cockpit centers you on the bike, optimizing traction and corner control. The low bottom bracket, slack headtube angle and reduced fork offset keep things stable in the rough.
Because trails can be anything from mellow to mental, Levo’s adjustable geometry can be fine-tuned for wherever, and however, you ride. Head tube angle can be adjusted between 63 and 65.5 degrees, while bottom bracket height can be quickly, and easily, moved up or down by 7mm to hone handling manners from stable to nimble.
160mm of front suspension, and 150mm of rear travel, are dialed for anything. It’s supple on small bumps, devours square-edged hits without a twitch, and eats massive G-outs for breakfast.
Mixed Wheels, Nimble Ride
Levo is the liveliest, most responsive full-power e-MTB ever: it carves circles around everything else. A key to making Levo so nimble is its dedicated mixed-wheel size design. The smaller 27.5” wheel in the back enables short chainstays to deliver a more playful ride, while the 29” front wheel rolls right over everything that dares get in its way.
Specialized's trail-obsessed team of engineers stays awake at night thinking of how to make suspension work better. They tailored every aspect of Levo’s suspension—kinematics, leverage curves, damping, and spring rates—to work together in harmony, delivering a highly controlled, responsive, and precise ride that handles bump forces like a bike with much more travel.
Levo’s analog sibling, the Stumpjumper EVO, won Pinkbike’s Mountain Bike of the Year award. Here's borrowed the Stumpy EVO’s progressive leverage rate, but tailored it to match the Levo’s travel, torque, and power. The result is suspension performance that delivers small bump sensitivity, provides mid-stroke support, and offers compliant, but controlled, full travel when stomping the big hits.
Levo’s axle path moves rearward in the first third of travel, allowing the wheel to “swing” back with the bump force, decreasing hang-up and thereby helping to carry speed. As the bike moves deeper into its travel, the forward axle path disconnects chain forces from pedaling forces, allowing the suspension to independently compress in response to trail inputs, yielding stellar big hit performance.
Smart Control Range
Levo shatters limitations when it comes to range, amplifying your effort for up to five hours of trail time. Now you can ride farther, and explore more, than ever before. And Smart Control ensures that you won’t run out of juice. It enables you to input the duration or distance of your ride and then manages support level to complete it with available battery charge.
The MasterMind TCU is the brain of the bike. Displaying all relevant info about your ride, it allows real-time tuning of support levels, enables over-the-air updates so that your bike gets better over time, and seamlessly integrates with the Mission Control app for advanced tuning, on-trail diagnostics, and more.
The Turbo Levo's S-Sizing is based on what matters the most: rider's height and style, not inseam. Six sizes, all with similar headtube lenghts and standover, allow you to choose the size that best suits your individual style. Smaller S-Size numbers are going to be nimble and more flickable, while bigger S-Sizes deliver more stability and a roomier ride. Determining your S-Size is easy. If you rode a Medium before, then S3 will be your equivalent size. But… if you want a more flickable ride, you’d drop down to an S2. Want a bike that’s more stable at speed? Bump up to an S4.
- FACT 11m full carbon frame.
- 29" front wheel.
- 27.5" rear wheel.
- Full internal cable routing.
- 148 mm spacing.
- Fully sealed cartridge bearings.
- 150mm of travel.
- Adjustable head tube angle.
- Adjustable bottom bracket height.
Groupset and trasmission
- Shift levers: SRAM Eagle AXS Rocker.
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1299, 12 speeds, 10-52 teeth.
- Chain: SRAM XX1 Eagle 12 speeds.
- Rear derailleur: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS.
- Cranks: Praxis carbon M30, 160 mm, custom offset.
- Chainring: SRAM X-Sync Eagle, BCD 104, 32 teeth, steel.
- SWAT CC steerer tube integrated tool with chain tool and link.
- Handlebar: Specialized FACT carbon fibre Trail, 6° upsweep, 8°backsweep, 27 mm rise, 35 mm.
- Stem: Specialized Deity Copperhead, 35.0 mm.
- Grips: Specialized Deity Knuckleduster, black.
- Front wheel: Roval Traverse SL 29".
- Rear wheel: Roval Traverse SL 27.5".
- Front disc brake: Magura MT7 with custom Lois lever blade, 203 mm.
- Rear disc brake: Magura MT7 with custom Lois lever blade, 203 mm.
- Front tire: Specialized Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON T9 compound, 2Blissready, 29"x2.6".
- Rear tire: Specialized Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON T7 compound, 2Blissready, 27.5"x2.6".
- Inner tubes: standard, with Presta valves.
- Saddle: Specialized Bridge, 155/143 mm., Hollow-Ti rails.
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb AXS 30.9 with remote 1X (travels: 100 mm (S1), 125 mm (S2), 150 mm (S3), 170 mm (S4, S5, S6)).
- Seat binder: alloy, 38.6 with ti bolt.
- Fork: FOX FLOAT 38 Factory 29, Grip2 damper, 44mm offset, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, 110x15mm, 1.5" tapered steerer, 160 mm travel, Kashima.
- Rear shock: FOX FLOAT X2 Factory, LSC; LSR 2-position lever, 55x210 mm, Kashima.
- Battery: Specialized M3-700 integrated battery, 700 Wh, SBC-B22.
- Charger: custom charger, 42 volt, 4 ampere with Rosenberger plug.
- Wiring harness: Specialized wiring harness.
- Custom-tuned motor for optimal power and torque.
- Robust belt for long-term and reliable power delivery.
- MasterMind TCU firmware optimizes efficiency and power output across the ride.
- New hatch and double seals at charge port boost weather resistance.
- Over-the-air updates ensure Levo gets better over time.
- MasterMind TCU displays remaining charge as an easy-to-read percentage.
- MicroTune allows on-the-fly adjustment of assistance levels in 10% increments.
- Personalization of display arrangement and 120 possible configurations.
- “Live Consumption” teaches you to pedal more efficiently to maximize range.
- Heart rate and Rider Power Value to take your training to the next level.
- Trail-tough Gorilla Glass display.
- Integrated precision elevation tracking.
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice.