With quicker brake engagement and shorter free stroke, the SHIMANO BL-M4100 brake lever delivers intuitive braking so you can stay focused on the trail ahead. The I-SPEC EV shift lever offers a wider adjustment range for superior rider tuning. The SHIMANO BR-MT420 caliper features consistent braking performance and reliable stopping power in all conditions. The 4-piston caliper instills greater downhill confidence and control.
- Intuitive and powerful braking.
- Quicker brake engagement with shorter free stroke.
- Rider tunable and action-optimized cockpit.
- High-performance brake control.
- Additional contact point for a stiffer brake lever.
- 10 deg. rotation angle setting range for I-SPEC EV shifting lever.
- Lever size: 2 fingers.
- 90% braking power vs. BR-MT520.
- 20% increase braking power vs. current 2-piston BR-MT400.
- 150% better wear-resistance vs. current 2-piston BR-MT400.
- Brake pad: resin, metal.
- Combination with BL-MT401.
- Pistons: 4.
- Mounting screw: 5 mm.
- Braking fluid: Shimano mineral oil.
Disc brake system with the dual diameter opposed-piston caliper design has differently sized pistons in front and in the rear. The system adopts a power transfer system in which the disc brake rotor is pressed by the smaller sized piston at the entrance of the disc brake rotor intake and also by the more powerful larger sized piston at the back. This prevents the wobbling motion of the disc brake rotor and reduces noises significantly. The 4-piston caliper also allows a wider contact area for the disc brake rotor while keeping the size compact, and the efficient location of pads is adjusted as necessary to stabilize the pressure. In combination use with the ServoWave lever it provides an incredible 50% more stopping power than the previous model.
One Way Bleeding
“One Way Bleeding” was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in Shimano's hydraulic system. They've streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system. One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
I-Spec EV creates a clean and action-optimized cockpit that provides greater focus and flexibility for a wider range of riders.
Benefits & Features
- Wider adjustment range allows riders of various styles, preferences and body styles to adjust to the optimal position.
- Ergonomic design, quicker lever access, and light operation enhance rider comfort and concentration. I-Spec EV increases brake lever rigidity by moving the brake clamp position inward to create an extra point of contact between the bar and the lever. This additional bracing drastically increases bike control and braking engagement while maintaining space between the clamp and support point for other handlebar accessories.