The Exalith carbon wheel-tyre system reinvented to be lighter, more dynamic and with improved aerodynamics.
The best balance of low frontal drag and crosswind stability
45mm deep NACA profile brings low drag in any conditions.
25mm external rim width perfectly integrates the 25mm tyre giving you low drag and easy crosswind steering.
Patented elliptical spokes enhance aerodynamics.
Perfect efficiency and low weight
17mm internal rim width offers low rolling resistance with 25mm tyres, giving you low friction and fast engagement.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel gives you a fast and smooth ride.
Features Exalith treatment for optimal braking efficiency and a distinctive look
Braking distances that are 18% shorter than average in wet or dry conditions.
Reduced rim wear gives them extra longevity and a full black look that lasts for thousands of kilometers.
Real weight wheel + tyre: 1153 g (front), 1349 g (rear).
Grip and control
A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimized for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern.
- Hold the road in any situation: light and supple high density casing.
- Reduced risk of flats: strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker.
Low rolling resistance
A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimized for rear wheel use, by minimizing the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimized tread pattern.
- Improved drive: light and supple high density casing.
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: nylon anti-puncture breaker.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic+
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency.
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides.
Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
- Oversize aluminum axle and hardened alloy freewheel driver body saves 40g.
- 40 teeth dual ratchet system provides fast 9° engagement.
- Radial seal provides low friction for higher speed and perfect waterproofness.
- Comprehensive end cap adapters makes it compatible with any type of retention system and driver body (QR, 12x142, HG, ED…).
High braking performance
The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminum rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level.
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey colour for thousands of kilometres.
- New special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels).
Stronger and smoother joint
Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint.
- Eliminates shuddering when braking.
- Superior wheel balance.
Inter Spoke Milling
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.
- Up to 40 grams lighter for easier climbing.
- Low inertia for effortless acceleration.
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims.
- Lighter rims.
Optimum energy transfer
The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission.
- Better wheel stability for fewer maintenance.
Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber.
Height: 45 mm.
Brake track: Exalith 2.
Weight reduction: ISM.
Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm.
Internal width: 17 mm.
ETRTO size: 622x17C.
Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted.
Nipples: aluminum, ABS.
Count: front 16, rear 20.
Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse.
Front and rear bodies: aluminum.
Axle material: aluminum.
Sealed cartridge bearings.
Freewheel: Instant Drive 360.
Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear).
Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound.
Casing: 127 TPI.
Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide.
Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c).
Color: Black only.
Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or Campagnolo.
Front axle: Quick Release only.
Rear axle: Quick Release only.
ASTM Category 1: road only.
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included.
Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm.
Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI.
- BR301 quick releases.
- Exalith brake pads.
- Rim tape.
- Multifonction adjustment wrench.
- User guide.
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith front wheel
|Real weight||1153 g|
|Front wheel spokes||16|
|Rim profile||40 mm|
|Braking surface material||Exalith|
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith rear wheel
|Real weight||1349 g|
|Rear wheel spokes||20|
|Rim profile||40 mm|
|Braking surface material||Exalith|