New mechanical Ergopower Super Record™ 12x2 Speed Disc Brake controls: more ergonomic, more precise, more powerful and easier to maintain
Comfort, control, speed and responsiveness are some of the main features of a bike's controls, helping keep all situations under control. The new mechanical controls for the Ergopower Super Record™ 12x2 Speed Disc Brake offer an ergonomic, comfortable and safe support and grip thanks to Vari-Cushion technology, essential for those who stay on the saddle for several hours.
The controls’ inner workings are a concentration of technology and experience, starting with the “one lever-one action” function, which assigns each lever a single function, helping avoid shifting errors at tired or distracting moments, and then continue with the multiple shifting option which allows up- or downshifting by up to 5 sprockets at a time thanks to the Ultra-Shift mechanism. This function allows you to maintain cadence even in case of sudden changes of incline or rhythm, with speed and ease as useful as it is surprising.
Further useful features are the levers’ adjustability, which, thanks to Reach Adjustment, enable a low grip on the brake lever, helping those with smaller hands; and AMS Adjustment, which enables shifting time modulation, using the dedicated levers.
The Super Record Disc Brake brake levers are engineered with a double curvature for improved grip and are lightened with two slots that are added to the one dedicated to Reach Adjustment.
Campagnolo brake caliper: powerful, modulable and reliable
The flat-mount Campagnolo brake calipers ensure powerful, modular braking in any situation owing to pistons measuring 22 millimetres in diameter. Brake pad return guaranteed by the magnetic system ensures that there is no friction at the time of brake lever release. A special metal plate positioned between the pad and the caliper piston, cushions the vibrations during braking.
The different Campagnolo brake calipers were designed to be mounted together with the disc chosen by the rider and to always guarantee the highest level of performance. It is indeed possible to choose the rear brake caliper with a disc measuring either 140 mm or 160 mm in diameter and to use a specific 160 mm front caliper. Careful attention was given to making maintenance and assembly operations easy: the pads have wear indicators and replacing them is facilitated by the absence of physical return springs. Additionally, work was done on the insertion of the disc in the caliper to make changing the wheel easier and faster.
- Comfortable support: the controls can be safely and securely gripped when riding out of the saddle or on the tops of the handlebars.
- Quick shifting: the immediate shifting allows operation of the derailleurs with minimal effort, from any position on the handlebars.
- Multiple shifting: a sudden climb, a lightning-fast movement: finding just the right ratio takes but a moment thanks to the multiple action shifters.
- Ergonomics: the contoured support and reach adjustment mean these controls can be used by all cyclists, regardless of the size of their hands and fingers.
- Real weight: 276 g (hydraulic housing and shifter cable included).
- Standard Flat Mount: fully compatible with flat-mount frames.
- 22 mm pistons in phenolic resin: braking force and thermal isolation.
- Magnetic piston-caliper connector: pads return to position rapidly, guaranteeing an overall gap between the pad and disc of 0.4-0.6 mm and zero risk of accidental contact.
- Interchangeable spare parts: pads, cylinder, screws, bolts (same for all calipers). Fully compatible and optimised spare parts, making maintenance practical and reducing the number of components to keep on hand in the warehouse.
- Wear indicator: it is very easy to see when the pads need to be replaced (not included).
- Rounded brake pads: these facilitate disc insertion and speed up wheel changing.
- Anti-vibration plate: optimal braking without vibrations.
- Two fixing screws: rapid installation and maintenance.
- Pistons: 2.
- Brake fluid compatibility: Campagnolo LB-200, LB-200S, LB-200B mineral oil.
- Real weight: 104 g.
- Right lever: rear brake.
- Hydraulic housing length: 1830 mm.
- Shifter cable length: 2060 mm.
- 1x Campagnolo Super Record Ergopower Ultra Shift gear shifter.
- 1x caliper + 2x 34 mm mounting bolts.
- 1x 675 mm and 360 mm shifter hoses.
- 1x connector insert.
- 1x olive.
- 3x The Maximum Smoothness sealed shift ferrule.
- 2x Campagnolo DB-210 organic brake pads.
- 1x pad fastener screw and the securing pin.
- 1x transportation block.
- 1x axle cover cylinder (if the hydraulic hose passes through the bottom bracket shell and no other separate routing is required).
- 2x 2.5 and 1.5 mm wrench keys.
- 1x user guide.
- Disc rotor.
- Kit for hydraulic hose length reduction.
- Wear indicator.